Department Technician/Administrator - Job Vacancy
- Job Title: Department Technician / Administrator
- Responsible to: Heads of Department/Associate Staff Manager
- Salary: SCP Point 3-5
- 35 hours per week plus additional hours at required
- Permanent, 39 weeks per year
- Location: West Road, Spondon, Derby
- To assist and support the school department including help and support for teaching staff within that department.
- You may be allocated to more than one department to make up your working week and you may be needed to support other departments depending on the needs of the school.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing teaching resources for staff when required
- Count, collate, staple etc resource materials as necessary into teacher and pupil packs
- Photocopying as and when required including low level maintenance of photocopying machine.
- File work into folders for pupils as required
- Set up laptops at start of lessons and put away at end of lessons
- Basic troubleshooting for connecting laptops to network
- Change computer passwords for pupils
- Input data onto computer
- Produce reminder slips for pupils on detention
- Photocopy reports, sort into alphabetical order and post accordingly
- General computer work
- Repairing, stamping and numbering of text books etc
- Keeping book room tidy and in order
- Accompanying teachers on school trips as required
- Answering of telephone calls and replaying of messages to staff and pupils
- Mounting work for display and erection of exhibitions
- Controlling and ordering of stock from reprographics
- General typing and filing
- Proofreading of resources
- You may also be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade in relation to a post of this nature
- Work carried out must be in accordance with current legislation and/or regulations.
- All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and must not endanger that of colleagues/visitors in the workplace.
- You may also be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade in relation to a post of this nature.